Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Work

So I haven't updated in a while due to some major computer issues and with work and the holidays. The good news is that I've been working pretty steady drawing, writing, and coloring. Below are my first cover colors (and process) for 10th Muse, a book from Bluewater Productions (bluewaterprod.com) that should be out in the next few months. I am also uploading some personal work as well. I hope you like them!

This is the final for the 10th Muse cover. I'm not sure who did the actual drawing, I did the coloring. You can see some of my process below.



This is some of my process in creating the colors for the cover. Zoom in to read my description of each step.



This is a teaser for my upcoming book , "Bout" that I writing and illustrating. It will be a 5 issue, 125 page story about a boxer here in Chicago. This was done entirely in Photoshop with a tablet, about 3 hours total.

This is a quick sketch I did in Photoshop while having coffee and talking with several people about books and storytelling while at my favorite coffeeshop, the Grind, near my home here in Lincoln Square. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially compared to my earlier digital painting attempts from just a few months ago (trust me, they were NOT good!). Eventually I would like to do some comics and more illustrations entirely on the computer.




This is an older drawing an a teaser image form the sequel to "Bout" (I know I'm a little ahead of myself with a sequel since Bout isn't even drawn yet!) I'll upload the full finished piece when it's done.

No comments: